Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] US counties, unincorprated territories
Date: Nov 07, 2001 @ 05:17
Author: Anton Sherwood (Anton Sherwood <bronto@...>)

"Andrew T. Patton" wrote:
> . . . I now live
> next to a section of Fairfax County (that has an enclaved part called
> Fairfax City but which is not part of Fairfax County) called Chantilly
> which is not really a municipality rather just the name of the Post
> Office.

The city of Los Angeles includes numerous post offices with other names:
Pacific Palisades, San Pedro, Sunland, Tujunga, Canoga Park, Chatsworth,
Encino, Northridge, Pacoima/Arleta, Reseda, Mission Hills, Sylmar,
Sepulveda, Granada Hills, Sun Valley, Tarzana, Woodland Hills, Van Nuys,
North Hollywood. (List not guaranteed exhaustive!) The boundaries of
these districts are conspicuously marked where they cross major streets,
but I don't believe they have any administrative existence.

--
Anton Sherwood