Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] US counties, unincorprated territories
Date: Nov 07, 2001 @ 05:06
Author: PitHokie (PitHokie <pithokie@...>)

Andrew,

What a small world! Yeah, I graduated Tech in 2000
with a BS in Management Science and currently live in
Pittsburgh.

Back on topic though :), I thought the county had to
agree to any annexation. Down in Montgomery County an
area wanted to incorporate and become the town of
Prices Fork, but somehow the county voted against it
and the point became moot. I know this is slightly
different, but I ran into similar issues locally with
the expansion of a town (Blacksburg) into
unincorporated county territory (Montgomery).

DC is another interesting case altogether, as you've
aluded to. It was supposed to be a square (diamond)
shape, but for some reason gave Virginia's part back
to the state and it later became Arlington and part of
Alexandria.

Any idea if the old borders are still marked anywhere?

Brendan

--- "Andrew T. Patton" <andrew@...>