Subject: Re: dutch provinces
Date: Nov 05, 2001 @ 18:15
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

I have just looked it up. It was on January 1, 1986, that Flevoland
came into existence.

Flevoland consists of (a.o.) two polders with that name: East and
South Flevoland. Hence the confusion, perhaps. The other parts are
the Noordoostpolder (North East Polder) and the islands Urk and
Schokland.

Peter S.