Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] mexican - us borders
Date: Oct 23, 2001 @ 01:35
Author: Dallen Timothy (Dallen Timothy <dtimothy@...>)

RE: [BoundaryPoint] mexican - us borders

In the early 1990s I visited the Pacific terminus of the US-Mexico border.  The chain-link fence ended on the beach about 3-5 meters from the water.  On the beach were warning signs not to cross illegally.  Since that time, sometime during the mid-1990s, the US government extended the fences several meters out into the water and fortified the fence with steel panels.  I'm not sure about the Gulf of Mexico terminus.

Dallen