Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Capitals of higher level are not capitals of lower level
Date: Oct 04, 2001 @ 22:48
Author: m donner ("m donner" <maxivan82@...>)

>I stand corrected on Providence, Rhode Island. In the
>future I'll check more accurate maps before posting.

thats perfectly ok

your participation is the important thing

also led me to check both cities more carefully
& happily i found topozone shows trenton city limits do in fact literally
reach as far as pennsylvania

also to realize washington dc met both the tangency & balcony requirements
in the world class between 1861 & 1865

but now that i see how commonly & easily small states & countries do at
least appear to capitalize on their borders
a more interesting question becomes
which is the largest country that meets either or both of the criteria

& the kinshasa congo at nearly a million square miles does seem to be the
odds on favorite at the moment
& quite amazing if it pans out
when you consider the scale