Subject: Re: SV: SV: [BoundaryPoint] BEFRLU
Date: Oct 02, 2006 @ 18:10
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Harry ten Veen
<h.ten.veen@...> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> On the detailed map that Jesper provided some time
ago, border markers are shown as circles.
> At the Dreilaennereck it says: Bnes 1. That means
Bornes 1, also Border markers #1. So there are more
than one, probably two markers.
> The borderline indicates two circles very close
together, the one almost covering the other.

> Therefore in my opinion the border is in the middle
of the stream as is indicated bij two border markers #
1.

> Also look on the webpage of Jannis Deeleman and Eef
Berns:
> http://www.grenspalen.com/belux-gp001-010.html
> They also heve the names of te streams!
>
> Indeed BE/FR markers are stone blocs. See for
example on the site of Louis Fierens:
> http://members.lycos.nl/fierenslouis/BF/
>
> Groeten en suc6
> Harry ten Veen

thanx harry
great stuff

& overall
tho it is true there are still some questions
outstanding
about possible modifications to both of the relevant
befr & frlu border sectors that converge at the befrlu
tripoint
for which i will of course continue to stay tuned &
remain open
still i am very much inclined to agree at this point
with the general consensus & best available mapping
which place the tripoint within the stream confluence

but as for exactly where within the confluence
i believe we may still be without good enough
photography to assay

my vague impression tho is that
contrary to its depiction by best available mapping as
a rectilineal or tee junction
the confluence has very much more of an oblique or wye
shaped form
albeit with the chiers usually overwhelmingly larger
than the bruehl

so i would think a tripoint position on the chiers
centerline perpendicular to the center of the bruehl
mouth at any given time
rather than in continuance of the tributary flow
trajectory
is indicated
so that
while the stream confluence is wye shaped
nevertheless the boundary trijunction should be tee
shaped
& slightly farther up the chiers centerline than the
precise thalweg junction might indicate at any given
time

& happily we are already talking decimeters or even
centimeters here
rather than whole meters worth of discrimination

but i do so look forward to being able to actually
visualize all this geometry superimposed on a real &
tight photo of the confluence itself
in case you or anyone else ever finds themselves
enthused enough to visit this otherwise dull
neighborhood again
as it will be a substantial improvement over
visualizing the boundary trijunction superimposed on a
mere visualization of the confluence
as i presently must do