Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: stretching the quest for a real stretchable latex tripoint to stretch
Date: Sep 25, 2006 @ 06:27
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

hahaha
& no wonder it took you so long to get ready
with all that extra erudition you had to pack in

but you have at least shown that the west bank of
bayou pierre lake
at
bayou pierre settlement
is as much a geographical impossibility
or lets say as seemingly casual a definition
as
the sabine river at n32x94w was

so that fits right in to the overall picture

except in this case the perpetrator should have known
better

so what are we to do
who also know better

for it is one kind of fun to take a total ignoramus at
his literal word
& indeed it can even be necessary to do so in boundary
rationalizations
but quite another kind of fun to take a simple slob at
his literal word

yet having already tried the northernmost &
southernmost points of bayou pierre lake for no
particularly good reasons
how could i not leap to the westernmost point also
when a seemingly good reason is actually provided by
the delimitator in chief

well
for one thing there is my inherent laziness in such a
case as this

but then too there is the logjam raft to invoke again
which is widely reported to have raised the water
levels in those days

& i would guess in this case it must have extended
bayou pierre lake much closer to the outskirts of the
actual settlement
so that it more nearly lived up to its name
as the settlement on bayou pierre lake
as well as extending the lake perhaps several miles
farther southwest up buffalo bayou at flood times

& i would like to think that with this new
imponderability now superimposed on our already pretty
sketchy picture
there would not be much point in trying to refine my
latest guessed neutral ground closing line
since it already ran right up buffalo bayou anyway

so i think again we have probably already stretched
this elastic a good deal farther than was actually
possible anyway
& i will rest my lalatxtx try where it presently sits
on my way back to bolivia

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137093