Subject: Re: SV: [BoundaryPoint] yikes kztmuz is reportedly undelineated & definitely elusive
Date: Sep 05, 2006 @ 23:02
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <lgm@wildblue.net>)

I have gone to Jesper's source, zoomed in, and captured a clearer
version for our interpretation. It is attached.

First, the contours are in feet, not meters. (The Map Mart site says
so.) Note also that the distance scale is in miles.

The contour interval is 250 feet. On this map, contours of 0, 250, 500,
750, and 1,000 feet are shown.

Between the 750 and 500 contours (to the northeast of the lake, anyway),
we find the depiction of the escarpment.

Descending from the 0 contour, we find, first, the shore of the
intermittent lake, then the shore of the more permanent lake.

Within the northwestern lobe of the intermittent lake, we find several
shoals that rise above the 0 contour (although they are covered,
incongruously, with the blue stipple indicating intermittent
inundation). The tripoint appears upon the shoulder of one of these
shoals, just slightly above the 0 contour.

I think that we can conclude that this best-known topographic map
(whatever its possible imprecisions) shows the tripoint in a relatively
flat lacustrine basin.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA