Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] special to roger re cmlinarl
Date: Jul 19, 2006 @ 15:57
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <lgm@...>)

From the topo map, it looks as though the county boundary has been
altered in modern times to conform to the northeast margin of the A-1
expressway's right-of-way. Notice how it bulges to include the jug
handles at the interchanges and the slopes of the cuts. Of course, this
doesn't diminish whatever political reality the quadripoint has. It
does mean, though, that it's vastly more likely to be demarcated by a
modern highway survey marker placed by civil servants than by an ancient
and curiously inscribed rock placed by Druids.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA