Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] readable 5 day ozark trip to an unreadable mook3demcot marker
Date: Apr 08, 2006 @ 05:00
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <lgm@...>)

Please see my insertions below.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA

----- Original Message -----
From: "aletheia kallos" <aletheiak@...>
To: <BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] readable 5 day ozark trip to an unreadable
mook3demcot marker

> wow
> nice find
> http://topozone.com/map.asp?z=15&n=4067404&e=404736&s=50&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25

Actually, the tripoint is about .1 mile west of your red crosshairs.
The Barry-Newton line comes down from the north, bisects that forested
tract with "33" it, and intersects the McDonald-Newton line coming in
from the west on the center line of MO 76. The Barry-McDonald line then
follows MO 76 east to your red crosshairs before turning south. Thus,
the western line of Barry has a slight jog, apparently due to the
crossing of a standard parallel. (For those unfamiliar with the US
Public Land Survey, that's a correction for the convergence of
meridians).

> & this one too appears to be a centerline arrow
> splitter
> thus conferring special distinction on both the spirit
> of 76 & old mcdonald
>
> as well as yourself

Thank you, thank you.

> & wow again
> for i had no idea of these other multistate exploits
> of yours
> tho aware of your arlatx visits of course

I have done the following class A: ARLATX; KSMOOK; ARMOOK; AZCONMUTand
NMOKTX.

> but what did our fickle ksmook look like at the time
> of your visit there
>
> & when was that

I was there on June 14, 1992. The site was substantially as described
by Jack Parsell from his published visit of June 21, 1991. I was going
entirely without any detailed map or other reference, but I realized
that the tall cairn on the west side of the road was not the tripoint
and that it had to be in the center line opposite the cairn.