Subject: Re: quad points in Cooch Behar.
Date: Jan 23, 2006 @ 08:53
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <bwhyte@...>)

> but before i try again
> just in case it is a fools errand for my purposes
> maybe you would just say if this new map really does
> help with the outstanding questions from
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/19015
> where you promised us this addition
>
> which are
>
> on the basis of what data or data gap do you
> distinguish the confirmed quadripoint from the merely
> presumed one

one is mentioned in Hartley's boundary commission report of Rangpur/Cooch Behar,
included as an appendix 1-17 to the text. See PArt V, para 2. on p300 of my text.

As the other report, of Jalpaiguri/Cooch Behar boundary was still 'secret', i am
unable to confirm the other quadpoint NE of Patgram.

> &
>
> if there is still this order of partial uncertainty
> then how can you safely conclude there are in fact no
> more than 2 quadripoints in all this complexity

Cartographic evidence and the descriptions in the appendix mentioned above for the
Rangpur-Cooch Behar enclaves appear to preclude any further quadripoints.

> or in other words
> could you say a little more about exactly how closely
> you were able to study all these borders
> or what the limits of your cartographical purview
> actually were

Read the book carefully and fully; it is all explained, and the evidences presented in
the text and appendices.

Brendan