Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] yikes could njpa be a condo & thus njnypa & denjpa trilines rather than tripoints
Date: Dec 28, 2005 @ 23:19
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <lgm@...>)

Do we know the year that the Tri State Rock was installed? Assuming that it and
the witness monument are not contemporary, the laborious explanation on the
latter was probably devised to correct the known waywardness of the former's
grooves. The USGS bronze disc in the top of the former was probably an even
later addition. It would be interesting to know the angles of any die-stamped
lines that radiate from its central dimple.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA