Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] nyonqc location was Re: special congrats may be in order for czdepl improvement
Date: Dec 08, 2005 @ 06:13
Author: Hugh Wallis ("Hugh Wallis" <hugh@...>)

I would like to determine, from copies of treaties, legislation or whatever, the exact line of the ONQC border. I had no success in find this online earlier today. Not sure if it would be in Federal or Provincial archives. The border was probably set at Confederation (July 1st, 1867) if not before that (possibly even as far back as being defined as the border between Upper and Lower Canada) - this will be interesting research.

When I get time I will check the US and Canadian topos for consistency as regards their depiction of the CAUS border but I think they are bang on in agreement with each other. This will be easy to check in my mapping software by marking the turn points on one map and seeing if they coincide with those on the other map when it is loaded into the software.