Subject: putatively absolute visit to unmarked mountaintop tripoint escapes
Date: Dec 07, 2005 @ 00:58
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...> wrote:

> & only a true & total fingertip or subcentimetric punctiliousness & absoluteness of
> discernment & execution would ever really warrant a class a

yikes clumsily said in retrospect
hahahaha
but you probably saw what i meant anyway
which is basically just making some pointed gesture of touching the true & exact point

> this however could still theoretically occur under at least one unmarked circumstance
> which is
> an unmonumented but known to be legal summit tripoint on a literally pointy peak
> where the bare mountaintop itself serves informally yet definitely as the tripoint marker
&
> its millimetric apex point actually marks the unmarked tripoint in just the same way as a
> monument apex marks its tripoint
>
> in fact i think i may recently have seen such a pic of an asian tripoint & will look for it

& oops it was cnmnruw & the link is already dead
but here is the trace of it for your recollection or imagination
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/18381

basically it was some mountain climbers as i recall standing on a perceptible mountaintop
& the one with the exact apex point under his raised foot presumably being conscious of it
there
so perhaps in that sense a true class a
tho it was rightly questioned at the time

& really who knows for sure
but it was an absolute tripoint try at least
by me if not by the mountaineer or photographer

apart from such rarities or novelties or oddities tho
all we are really talking about is 5 clearcut & simple degrees or qualities of success or
attainment
namely
a as in absolutely ascertaining & arriving there
b as in basically beeing or being there
c as in seeing clear & close
d as in distantly discerning &
e as in earnestly elusive to the eyeball but still excellent

& perhaps most important
not at all necessarily in that order
since class b tries for example are typically far more interesting & challenging than class a
& theres never any need to regret or reason to apologize for anything
but especially if one is having fun