Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: a tripointing puzzle joke
Date: Nov 24, 2005 @ 02:20
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

If the Renton home were set back from the road, it could be all the way back
near the mapped line, so that a small revision would switch it. Lots of country
people have driveways longer than 400 feet. I do.

What I mean by my theory on newly recovered markers is that, while the
intermediate markers were lost, the line got mapped as a single geodesic between
the two termini. Now that they are recovered, the line becomes at least three
shorter geodesics connecting them. There is only one other way that a revised
line could shift some homes one way and some the other, that being if one
terminus of a single long geodesic was moved one way and the other terminus the
other. While that is possible, I think it might be more likely that
intermediate markers were found that caused the line to wander a bit from
as-mapped.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA