Subject: cokrso or cokrsn do you suppose was Re: AW: AW: [BoundaryPoint] 1806 bavaria coburg meinengen tripoint now looking like de2byth near plesten
Date: Nov 22, 2005 @ 17:40
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

& to save you another map that wont work
in the top field here
http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/tpl/hme/MaHomePage.htm
please type plesten & pick germany & click ok again
to get the same zoom start toward what is undoubtedly
the same gargoyle & tripoint position
looking now more like 1400 meters ene from plesten
but undoubtedly right on the money again

the only ahem serious question i still have for you or
anyone tho is
can we be content with the diglyph so for sonneberg
while knowing theres another landkreis named soemmerda
in thuringia
as well as a third one there named saale orla btw
either of which might have just as good a claim on
this so

& of course it may be a silly question too
if you dont think knowing the true name of the
tripoint matters

& since fussing with the glyphs at all can be a
tedious pursuit of happiness for some
even while it is a delightful one for others
i normally dont put too fine a point on this
especially in public
hahaha
& just quietly either rely of gwillims statoids or
when necessary
select the first 2 letters that come to hand
as i have done in this case to find & coax cokrso

& i do this normally without ever looking over my
shoulder for any contradiction or conflict either
since who cares
right
hahahahaha

but this particular 1806 tripoint seems to be such a
momentous & portentous discovery that i want to make
as absolutely sure as i can be that i am calling her
by her true name
or at least by her most virtuous available one

& i find i could still skip blithely past this
question even now that i have raised it
if i could just reassure myself that there is in fact
no coburg kronach soemmerda tripoint
nor coburg kronach saale orla tripoint
in existence that might compete with our present
cokrso for the unique honor of her designation

for it is no problem if soemmerda likes & gets the so
diglyph too
& yikes even saale orla too for all i care
& both of them even right alongside sonneberg
i suppose
so long as no confusion occurs of cokrso hexaglyphs
or rather of de2byth3cokrso tetradecaglyphs

i mean if you see the mad genius as well as the idiocy
of my method that is
hahaha

& lo & behold
when i consult with normally reliable wikipedia for
the easy answer to my easy question
of whether i can put my mind at ease of even having or
asking any question at all
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thuringia
the thuringia landkreise map is down
hahaha

& so thats why i have come to you again hat in hand

either
to be reassured that there is in fact no soemmerda nor
saale orla tripoint with coburg & kronach on de2byth
with a competing claim on the name cokrso
or else
to ask if anyone doesnt think anyway that the true
name of this point mightnt rather be cokrsn than
cokrso
whether for good taste
or
just to avoid any possible confusion or conflict of
interest

--- aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...> wrote:

> haha i almost knew it wouldnt work hahaha
>
> so ok
> just go here if you would
> http://www.mappy.co.uk
> & at top center type plesten for place & select
> germany for country
> & then look to the right & click the ok button
>
> & in the first screen that comes up
> you should already see the gargoyle lappet with the
> tripoint in her mouth
> about 1300 meters to the ene of downtown plesten
> & in fact facing & seeming to spout directly at
> plesten
>
> & this tripoint you can then click on
> & or hit the plus button at left
> to zoom further in on
>

> but anyway
> assuming we have the next order & names of all the
> subdivisions right
> then based on them we can tentatively offer the name
> cokrso for this tripoint
> or de2byth3cokrso in full
> just to see if she responds at all
>
> or if anyone has a better idea of her true name & or
> true location
>
> but my guess is
> we already have her right there now
>
> --- Wolfgang Schaub
> <Wolfgang.Schaub@...> wrote:
>
> > The Landkreise? Seems an easy one: CO = Coburg, KC
> =
> > Kronach, SON =
> > Sonneberg.
> > This all without going at

http://www26.mappy.com/sidmMqNWkFZ/1fMn21w/CFGMA?csl=m1&fsl=m1&gsl=m1&msl=m1

&ids=&xsl=1&posl=poi&recherche=0&show_poi=0&poi_rr=0.5&poi_rx=0.6&poi_ry=0.5

&lr=0.5&flash=1&gb=&out=2&wnm1=&wcm1=&nom1=&tnm1=plesten&pcm1=&tcm1=&a10m1=&

http://www.ena.lu/europe/success%20crisis/iron%20curtain%20border%20point%20
> > > three%20territories%201965.htm we have to
> imagine
> > an
> > > arrangement of these
> > > markers such that their engravings face the
> > > countries that they stand for.
> > > This is only possible in a sensible way at the
> > > Plesten (Eastern) tripoint,
> > > and it is impossible at the Western tripoint
> > between
> > > Weitramsdorf and
> > > Ummerstadt.
> >
> > good nice
> >
> > > If we assume the picture is taken towards East,
> > the
> > > central stone with the
> > > GO then faces SW, right towards the Coburg
> > portion
> > > of Sachse-Coburg. The
> > > left stone with the presumed AL on it is placed
> in
> > > 90-degree angle facing
> > > NE, looking into the narrow "lobe/lappet/flap"
> of
> > > Sachse-Meiningen, and the
> > > small stone to the right may look anywhere it
> > likes
> > > as long as it is true
> > > that it is "only" a marker of the next-best
> > village.
> >
> > could be barbaria oops i mean bavaria
> >
> > > Such a setting would
> > > not be possible at the Western tripoint, even if
> > we
> > > twist our heads.
> >
> > nice

=== message truncated ===