Subject: Re: SV: [BoundaryPoint] still looking like an eggzil tripoint border post at kerem shalom
Date: Nov 16, 2005 @ 16:42
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

first thanx to lowell for the further elucidations
&
i must correct or rather improve upon myself also
regarding not only eggzil but all 3 prospective palestinian world class tripoints
as follows

to even call eggzil or egilps by these names is of course way too casual
as well as presumptious
but in any case
the actual subdivisional tripoint it represents is truly neither egil2eggzil nor egil2egilps
& we are in fact even now just feeling our way to its technically correct name

certainly it is egil2 plus something or other xxyyzz for the actual tripoint constituencies
& since gaza or gz isnt known to be officially subdivided
& since the convergent district of israel is the southern or hadarom aka hd
& since the convergent governorate of egypt is shamal sina or ss
this present resultant tripoint at kerem shalom is evidently or most likely egil2gzhdss
even as we scribble

the situation with the other 2 israel palestine tripoint hopefuls is far more complicated tho

for one thing both putative localities still fall within israeli settlement blocs
as this map shows in solid green
http://www.biu.ac.il/SOC/besa/books/maps/map4.jpg

in fact if all these solid green areas were to be annexed to israel
no israel jordan palestine tripoints at all would emerge

but on the admittedly very shaky assumptions that both of these west bank corners are
still recognizable as the 2nd & 3rd ilps tripoints when palestine has fully emerged
& also that no other palestine tripoints come into focus in the meantime
then of course they will become simply iljopsn & iljopss respectively

but iljops tripoints or iljo2iljops tripoints are not at all what they are now

in this case they are both on iljo2 all right
but
again leaving aside the doubtful question of palestinian subdivision
the northerly one
since it combines the west bank wb & hazafon hz or northern district of israel with the
irbid ir province of jordan
is thus most likely iljo2hzirwb
&
the southerly one
since it combines the west bank & hadarom hd or southern district of israel with the
madaba md province of jordan
is thus most likely iljo2hdmdwb

& i suppose you could change wb to js in both cases
as in judaea & samaria
the israeli name for the west bank

& tho judaea refers to the southern part of the west bank & samaria the northern
i have never seen a line drawn between them
so happily there is no real need to improvise separate diglyphs for them or distinguish
between them in the resulting tripoint hexaglyphs
tho i would like to know
just out of curiosity
if anyone knows exactly where to draw the line between the j&s of js or wb today
& the locations of the 2 judaea & samaria tripoints that would presumably result
at the borders of jordan & israel proper respectively

reference maps
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/jordan_pol_2004.jpg
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/atlas_middle_east/israel_divisions.jpg
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/africa/egypt_admn97.jpg