Subject: Re: SV: [BoundaryPoint] still looking like an eggzil tripoint border post at kerem shalom
Date: Nov 15, 2005 @ 23:25
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

all palestinians
whether from gaza or the west bank
or even living in israel proper
or outside all the above
are palestinian citizens all right
provided they merely claim to be so

& they sometimes carry palestinian passports too

but some palestinian arabs are israeli citizens too

& may carry israeli passports too
for all i know
yikes

it is not very interesting i assure you

but as palestinians
they are in any case citizens & or passport holders of an essentially stateless state
whether they are refugees from it or not

for example
http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/asylum/ric/documentation/Palestine.htm
http://www.cyberus.ca/~baker/Pal_passport_recognize.htm

but
all that it is really important to remember
so far as bp multipointing is concerned
is
until gaza or palestine becomes a member state of the united nations
eggzil wont actually be legally
nor by any reasonable consensus
a world class tricountry tripoint

til then
i suppose it is really just a point on egil
namely egil2eggzil or egil2egilps
whichever anyone prefers

but when the magic moment of world consensus in new york occurs
perhaps sooner than later at this recent rate of speed
then voila
a true eggzil or egilps emerges
as the case may be

at the same time
there are at least 2 other ilps tripoints hanging out there now too

however
these are of the iljo2iljops variety
& of the northern & southern persuasion respectively too
i should add
hence
iljo2iljopsn & iljo2iljopss
situated on the jordan river & in the dead sea respectively
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/israel_pol01.jpg
when i last looked in
but still subject to ongoing & likely slower elaboration