Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] gone fishing for vermont secession & associated new tripoints
Date: Oct 29, 2005 @ 18:49
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

--- "Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...> wrote:

> While many of the Indian tribes and nations of the
> USA and Canada have various degrees of "internal
> sovereignty" recognized by the respective American
> and Canadian governments under various treaties and
> laws, they do not have sovereignty as recognizable
> by foreign governments. In the USA, these nations
> use their internal "sovereign" status primarily to
> shield themselves from state-level regulation and
> taxation of their various economic activities, even
> while being fully subject to federal taxation and
> regulation with few exceptions. As for the
> reservations at NYONQC, they are adjoining separate
> reservations in the USA and Canada, belonging to two
> technically separate entities: the St. Regis Mohawk
> Tribal Council (USA), and the Mohawk Council of
> Akwesasne (Canada).

all fronts for dealing with whites
& not intrinsic to their nation as such

so much for technicality

but i wouldnt try to tell the mohawks they arent one
tribe

& cooperating some of the time is the indian way of
cooperating anyway

but please see below too

> These two bodies sometimes
> cooperate, sometimes not.
>
> Don't forget that American states are "sovereign" as
> well. They have joined themselves together into a
> larger compact, granting to their federal government
> certain enumerated aspects of their sovereignty
> while reserving the others.
>
> Oh, I know, everyone is equally sovereign, etc.,
> etc.;

right & thats the only real sovereignty there actually
is

all the rest you speak of here are various shades of
illusion & fiction
as i think you may also appreciate
judging from your use of quotation marks

& underlying them all is the fundamental reality &
true sovereignty
nay the divinity if you will since thats what it
really means
of the individual human being

of course we multipointers have been frolicking for
years now on the global jungle jim engendered by all
the territorial corners claimed by these various
conceptualizations of sovereignty
& their combinations
& their subordinated parts
etc etc
& we are very lucky to have found such a magnificent
amusement park to play & explore divinity in
with such intricately nesting & interlocking apparent
sovereignties
both frozen solid & in free motion
as it were

but the backdrop & occasion that all these points of
supposedly multiple sovereignty provide us with
just for our entertainment alone
is their most appreciable reality & greatest
refinement

& this of course is due to all that we ourselves bring
to these special playthings

sovereignty in the supposedly larger political world
is but a wraith

http://www.vermontrepublic.org/writings/vtsradicalimperative.html

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs