Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Intro
Date: Sep 26, 2005 @ 19:20
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

great mike & keep us all with you as you go for all
the best

czdepl & czplsk have already been rather carefully
visited
yet they both leave us with some slight distance still
to go

here at czdepl
http://nicolette.dk/borderbase/tripoint.php?c1=36&c2=55&c3=114&orientation=
we believe the unmarked tripoint can be accurately
visualized & effectively touched in the third photo
near the lower left side
more or less exactly where an extension of the mowing
line
separating pl at left rear from cz at right rear
as well as anyone can tell
would meet de at the exact centerline of the river
neisse

it still remains tho for someone to wade or somehow
float out there to try touching her where she actually
resides in the riverbed

& czplsk
tho usually a lot drier
is evidently much more demanding anyway

indeed if in doubt
& all other things being equal
let me say i think she fully warrants your best
attention

we believe this tripoint location may be occupied
physically if not actually demarcated by a young
linden tree
ceremonially planted circa 1990

but more technically
there is an array of 3 obelisks round about this tree
which indirectly define the unmarked but exact
tripoint location

for the skinny on our rather extensive combined
research here to date
including many good working links for pix & exact
measurements etc
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/13793
which of course develops from bottom to top
& can perhaps be followed more easily on the message
board beginning from message 13739
& especially
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/6091

we may even be able to come up with diagrams of all
the markers etc
if you think you may be seriously excited about making
this try
with a tape measure & protractor

for your other question about offset border controls
you may well find our international borders group more
knowledgeable & responsive
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/borderpoint/

i will comment on canadian tripointing
& will also report on my own tripointing try at hapiri
earlier today
in separate messages

--- xachary04 <xachary04@...> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> I don't think I can make it to all of the
> tri-points. Hopefully
> I'll make it to two of them--czdepl and possibly
> czplsk. I do want
> to see that patch of Polish territory betweeen
> Zittau DE and Hradec
> nad Nisou CZ.
>
> In Canada there are very few internal tri-points
> among the
> provinces/territories. Most of the provinces seem
> to be lined up
> like dominoes. There are several tri-points among
> the Canadian
> provinces/American states.
>
> Wish me all the best as I cross the pond in less
> than two weeks.
>
> Michael B
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia
> kallos
> <aletheiak@y...> wrote:
> > welcome mike
> >
> > just what we need
> > another canadian & another mike
> >
> > your projected itinerary sounds delicious
> >
> > we have observations & requests for all 4 czech
> > tricountry points
> > atczde czdepl atczsk czplsk
>
> > mike
> > a formerly resident illegal alien but emphatically
> > adoptive canadian

Yahoo! for Good