Subject: canadian multipointing review
Date: Sep 26, 2005 @ 20:24
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)
Prev    Post in Topic    Next
Prev    Post in Time    Next

yikes hugh i agree

can the author of this wikipedia article be found &
queried about her grounds for the shocking & indeed
dubious assertion here that our beloved ca2mbnunwsk is
not a true megapoint but rather a near miss
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Corners_%28Canada%29

also tho it is true one could argue for a quintipoint
in the gulf of saint lawrence just as she says
the arguer would still be completely mistaken about
that too
because canadian seas beyond the low tide line belong
legally not to the provinces but to the federal
government

& in fact canada has not a single multiprovincial
point per se

true multipoints do of course occur tho in the 4 known
places i believe mike is referring to
where more than 2 provinces & or territories meet
as well as in the far more numerous places where 2
canadian provinces or territories meet the federal
maritime territory at low tide line

for example
where quebec & labrador touch the bay of blanc sablon
etc etc

in fact i have scoped out & counted dozens of these &
others of many other stripes
& visited quite a few too

you may find my tries to comprehend them all somewhat
interesting
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/2068
etc

& tho not fully informed at the time
these & my list of shared or mixed american canadian
tristate points
last heard from in
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/12329
& still in considerable disarray
could be fairly easily cleaned & tightened up

but the simple pimple is
canada has many scores of major multipoints