Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Intro
Date: Sep 26, 2005 @ 15:57
Author: Hugh Wallis ("Hugh Wallis" <hugh@our-own-home.com>)

Welcome Michael

>>In Canada there are very few internal tri-points among the provinces/territories.  Most of the provinces seem to be lined up like dominoes.  There are several tri-points among the Canadian provinces/American states.<<

and one quad point - Manitoba/Saskatchewan/NWT/Nunavut (see photo of the monument - taken when it was a tripoint before the creation of Nunavut) - except that Wikipedia says it isn't quite a quadpoint - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Corners_(Canada) although what it means by "the Northwest Territories-Nunavut boundary is a few hundred feet northeast of the Saskatchewan-Manitoba line" I can't figure out - how could it be "northeast" - "east" I could understand....

Hugh
(from near Toronto)