Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Hammerfest or?
Date: May 15, 2005 @ 20:23
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

I will provide my proposed answers for the Americas:

1. Nuwuk, Alaska, USA (on Point Barrow about 9 mi. NE of Barrow)

2. Alert, Nunavut, Canada

3. Point Barrow, Alaska, USA

4. Kaffeklubben Ø, Greenland (if you consider Greenland to be in the Americas)

5. Ea San Juan, Chile (50 km S of Punta Arenas)

6. Puerto Toro, Chile (30 km ESE of Puerto Williams)

7. Cabo Froward, Chile

8. Islas Diego Ramírez, Chile  (There is a Chilean naval meteorological station, but it's probably not large enough to be a settlement.  Photo at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Diego_Ramirez_station.jpg .)

There's an excellent map of extremely southern Chile at http://www.turistel.cl/mapas_ruteros/rut_k_1.htm .

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA