Subject: Re: French Properties on St Helena
Date: Apr 30, 2005 @ 16:15
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

good point
followed by a deafening silence
for i am a little surprised our extraterritoriality mavens havent responded
nor even gasped out loud yet

for the truth is
even tho your fine point has periodically been made here
as for example in message 8780
i just counted over a 100 messages
& many of them quite recent
in which the essentially meaningless term & status of
extraterritorial or extraterritoriality
has been bandied about as if the extra in it actually meant something
whereas
this extra element
in this particular case
doesnt mean super or additional or supplementary or exceptional or anything of that sort
but really only means
apart from
or outside the scope of
or beyond any possible consideration of
actual geopolitically sovereign territory

or in other words it pretty much means a negation of territoriality

for there simply is no such thing as extraterritorial territory

indeed all these discussions would have been more meaningful if the word had been
extraterrestrial

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Seÿffffe1n O'Connell <gleannmaghair@y...>