Subject: Re: Japanese cross prefectural consolidation
Date: Apr 16, 2005 @ 01:34
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

this remarkable location may be found on the border between prefectures 9 & 26
about a quarter of the way up from prefecture 1 to prefecture 43
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/japan_divisions.jpg
so i realize it doesnt affect any multiprefectural points

& not that i really expect arabic numeral order based on european transliteration &
alphabetical order to actually be observed & apply in japan

but it reminds me to ask you henry whether you are aware of any monumentation of the
multiprefectural points
for example
or of the lesser multipoints if indeed there are any
or of any particular enthusiasm for any of these points
or of any tries to visit & or to specially acknowledge them etc in any way

i have noticed on my crude maps that the overwhelming majority of the prefectural
multipoints appear to be dry
as most of the boundaries that produce them seem to prefer watersheds to watercourses

so i could even imagine & or hope sawanobori might be an aspect of such visitations

but this is all pure fantasy unencumbered by any actual knowledge of the reality there
unless you can offer some kind of a summary report that would begin to fill in our still
completely empty map & blank slate of bp japan