Subject: Re: DE-L Condo Tripoints
Date: Apr 04, 2005 @ 17:46
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@c...>
wrote:

> It seems to be just as you say, the way I read the German version of
> the treaty that revised the old one. I was suprised to learn that
> this condo has existed since about the 1830s, and that the 20th
> century treaty was a revision of the original. The river has had
> plenty of time to accrete... but the map shows a wide variance
between
> water and shore south of Wasserbillig - at least 20-30 meters at a
> couple of places. Amost as though sand banks count as water.

i dont know what to make of that

it seems to me the condo must grow & shrink with the river

& unless a dry spot is an island rather than attached to a bank at
any given moment it cant be in the condo at that moment

& of course the maps cant hope to show this nicety

also about the following
i wouldnt think old de jure stuff would have had to be reaffirmed
after the interruptions & conclusions of the wars
if the aggressors were ultimately repulsed
as in these cases

> At the time when Luxembourg had been assimilated into the
> Grossdeutschesreich in the 1940s, the condo must not have existed.
It