Subject: Re: STOP Sign in Northern New Jersey
Date: Mar 15, 2005 @ 19:11
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

http://tinyurl.com/59fvv
narrows the difference between the longest & shortest sides of
the octagon to perhaps as little as 125 feet
or only about 6 percent
& all the angles measure close to perfect regularity too

the directional offset of the octagon appears to follow the general
direction of the main drag
on which a pair of its diametric extremities evidently do fall

but i guess theres nothing left to do but call boro hall
& just ask them if they know what the deal is

there is after all at least half a chance that the boro was formed &
surveyed within living memory

& another half a chance that local pride has remained aware of
or somehow actually commemorated the unusual shape

like what if they get several calls a week on this very question &
have a faq already prepared

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak"