Subject: new support for old denj guesses
Date: Feb 21, 2005 @ 16:37
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

excerpts from last week with new findings added

lowell
> > theory of a
> > > bizarre projection

well it seems you may not have been completely off the wall here
even if you were off the map in terms of scale

> > As we know, when they got down to describing those
> > arcs, they extended Hodgkins
> > for the first one

indeed

& by plugging
the relevant delaware boundary monument data base coords
& my own paper topo coords for the courthouse spire
& best guess at the hypothetical 1701 center point
into a reliable great circle arc calculator
i have determined that the position of 1935 denj marker 1 on the
jersey shore
which precisely monuments the extension by the supreme court
of the depa arc thru denjpa & beyond to legally create denj
does substantially corroborate what you are saying here

for both the terminal & the penultimate depa markers
& this primary denj witness mark
all produce a hypothetical 1701 radius that measures within 6
feet of each other

& this suggests
if it doesnt yet flatly indicate
at this scale & level of significant digitry
a fairly razor sharp extension
of the preexisting adjacent arc sweep

> > > than I do the theory of reverse discrimination to
>
> i did suggest the idea of possible compensation
> but you seem to also be imagining
> thus far
> the part about reverse discrimination
> as that was not part of my previous guess
>
> however
> since the 1701 arc as reiterated in 1892 was never
> denj but only depa
> the court did explicitly extend it beyond demdpa to
> denj for the first time
> & thus did formally add a few acres to delaware there
> at the expense of new jersey that it must have
> realized were more than 12 miles from the new castle
> courthouse spire
>
> & the acreage that was gained by new jersey at the
> expense of delaware
> on the other hand
> by the undermeasurement of the lower & completely
> original arc sweep that was also decreed at the same
> time
> was in fact 2 to 3 times as great as that lost by the
> overmeasurement produced when the depa arc was
> extended
>
> so i am still not leaping to any ideas of reverse
> discrimination
> but if the undermeasurement was a territorial quid pro
> quo
> as i have speculated
> then it was more likely a quid pro quibus
> for we clearly dont yet have the full equation down
> if there was one
>
> but still
> some such compensatory or mutually offsetting outcome
> cant yet be dismissed out of hand either

& now for a try at this full equation

for if the hypothetical quid pro quo was not to be meted out in
acreage
since why would it be
but rather was to be in an undermeasurement proportional to the
simultaneously adjudged overmeasurement
aha
then we do appear to have a data match

for again using the delaware boundary monument data base
i have found a fairly razor sharp correspondence between the
overmeasurement at denjpa & the undermeasurement at
artificial island
such that
radius major over 12 miles
roughly equals
12 miles over radius minor

or
12point66224 over 12
roughly equals
12 over 11point32881

both being around 106 percent

note also that my great circle computation of the radius of the
lower arc here differed by about 52 feet from the supreme court
specs in
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=2
95&invol=694
while the radii of the 3 markers of this arc vary among
themselves by 15 feet

but my courthouse coords are only in integral degminsec
or roughly 100 foot squares to begin with

so this is a very substantial matchup so far

& now if we could find finer courthouse cupola coords
ha
then we might become really dangerous here too

> > > what do you mean
> >
> > What I meant was simply to encourage you in the
> > maths that you are doing on the
> > various wanderings of the DEPA compound curve as
> > expounded by Perry. Our
> > explanation could still be found there.
>
> oh ok
> tho i dont need to see perry again for that
>
> & it will take me a while now anyway
> as mentioned

& the above is essentially my preliminary report of this crunching

& i must say it feels like a fairly promising guess at this point