Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] possible explanation for undermeasurement of 12mile arc
Date: Feb 14, 2005 @ 18:32
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

good show

so we can hold the missing & also very significant
180th delaware border stone in reserve then too

for this info suggests sandy will be better for
referring us to people who really do know
than for answering our questions directly himself

& in the meantime here is a little more meat on the
formerly bare bones of my possible explanation

first please notice on the present topo how denj
monument 5
aka creek 5 here
was evidently named for & does apparently mark the
extremity of the left dimple of the mouth of alloway
creek
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=39.50028&lon=-75.52861
just as the arc shown on the earlier topo begins from
the left dimple of what was once apparently also one
of the major mouths of alloway creek
albeit a different & more correctly located mouth
http://historical.maptech.com/getImage.cfm?fname=smyr31ne.jpg&state=DE

so from this unexpected formal resemblance i am
guessing further that there could have been some
legitimate confusion between these 2 mouths
perhaps by a surveyor
& which somehow never got corrected
&or
i think more likely
there could have been some deliberate obfuscation with
the help of the possible confusion of the 2 mouths
&or
even some quiet compromise based on them
that enabled the court to avoid most of what would
have been the nightmare of awarding even more of
artificial island to delaware than it actually did

for the actual award is just a curiosity & thus
perhaps a very effective diversionary tactic &or sop
whereas the correct award would have been a veritable
monstrosity

i know
i know
the explanation is already growing more monstrous than
the original presumed mistake was
hahahaha
but it still kinda holds together on some level
dont you think
while of course awaiting more & better flesh

http://www.udel.edu/dgs/Publications/pubsonline/info6.html