Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] possible explanation for undermeasurement of 12mile arc
Date: Feb 14, 2005 @ 14:42
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

--- "Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...> wrote:

> I've read what the Supremes had to say in 1934 and
> 1935, and I've written to Mr.
> Schenck in Delaware.
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

great
for if this sandy schenck of yours is the same person
as my earlier contact
william s schenck
then he was apparently unaware of
or at least not particularly interested in
any short changing of delaware by the 1934 &or 1935
supreme court decisions
as of a couple of weeks ago anyway
when someone last updated his presentation on delaware
boundaries
http://www.udel.edu/dgs/Publications/pubsonline/info6.html

also possibly worth mentioning here
i have seen most but not all of the last item in his
bibliography

perry 1934 the circular boundary of delaware
in civil engineering magazine

which is a collection of probably the most reliable
info on all the delaware arc swings up to that point

so it could yet offer a fresh clue on this last one
too

& the following detailed delaware chronology
which is likely drawn from contemporary sources
http://www.hsd.org/DHE/DHE_when_Timeline.htm
suggests there may have been some public awareness at
the time that the 1935 supreme court decision already
gave delaware a few uninhabited acres attached to new
jersey

& it suggests to me that contemporaneous news
clippings & commentary may be our best way to go