Subject: Re: Seborga's currency
Date: Feb 10, 2005 @ 00:46
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

I'm responding to only the first of many messages I've seen from you
thus far... Re: "National Euros" of the others: they all have the
right to issue Euro denominated Eucommemorative collector coins that
are not legal tender throughout the community. It's like there is a
three tiered system going - Community Euros, National-only collector
Euros from Euroland countries and Euros of the non-Euro states (those
good elsewhere under the agreements and Collector coins from non-Euro
states good inside them only).

I'll look through the archives of the Bank and the Community for info
about Montenegro AND Kosovo - which is using it, too. They may be
only unofficially circulating the notes and coins - and not issuing
their own. If I find anything, I'll holler.

LN

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Wolfgang Schaub"
<Wolfgang.Schaub@c...> wrote:
> "My conclusions about all of this are that the Euros authorized by
> Europe (Munzrecht, in German)) are "national Euros", in that they are
> issued by countries outside of the Euro Zone": Len, all you say is
correct,
> but I fail to understand your conclusion (maybe my logics are
> under-developed). I concur with your view as the "national Euros" of the
> mini-states are concerned, but still I do not regard the Euros of
the Euro
> zone as national ones.
>
> To complicate the matter even further: Can you develop some thoughts
about
> the Euro used by Montenegro?
>
> Wolfgang

European
> > Central Bank in Frankfurt. That Euros have different reverse sides
> is only a
> > political game and made for collectors. That member countries retain
> their
> > respective National Banks is only for statistics and to manage the
> > conversion of "obsolete" coins and paper bills found in jacket
> pockets when
> > one pulls them out from a long-unopened wardrobe. As Germany is
> concerned
> > one can swap Deutsche Marks against Euros for an indefinite
period...

> > Wolfgang

Vatican has,
> > from the European Central Bank, its own allocation from the
universe
> > of Euros that can be issued by each monetary authority (as
does San
> > Marino).
> >
> > Vatican Euros are not Italian Euros although they are worth
exactly
> > the same, and each countries' Euros circulate in both neighboring
> > countries and are mutually accepted as legal tender.
> >
> > The Vatican situation wasn't much diferent in the Lira days
than that
> > which exists in Panama. As far as I know from my Canal Zone days,
> > Panama has the Balboa which is worth exactly the same as a US
dollar,
> > but it has never issued Balboa banknotes, only Balboa coins. For
> > banknotes, US dollar bills circulate. Unlike Rome, however,
Balboa
> > coins don't circulate in the US and are not legal tender here.
> >
> > LN

> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Wolfgang Schaub"
> > <Wolfgang.Schaub@c...> wrote:
> > > There is other nonsense in the "Universal Currency
Converter": They
> > speak of
> > > a Vatican Lira (obsolete). To my knowledge this was always the
> > Italian Lira,
> > > as it is, by the way, in Seborga: The Luigino is fiction, as far
> as it
> > > claims to be a currency; it is reality, as far as it is a
souvenir
> > that you
> > > can buy in shops in Seborga at a rate dictated by Sua Altissima
> Serenita
> > > Prince Giorgio I. Still to-date, Prince Giorgio believes it
makes
> > sense to
> > > set the "exchange rate" at 1 : 6 to the US Dollar. Tomorrow
he may
> > choose to
> > > set a new rate "bound" to the Euro or the Swiss Franc. He
will go on
> > doing
> > > his nonsense at the pleasure of Silvio Berlusconi, and make
a lot of
> > money
> > > for Seborga, through the stupidity of (American) tourists.
> "Look, honey,
> > > it's so easy to change; they gonna give us 1 for 6 bucks".
> > >
> > > Wolfgang

Terms of