Subject: Re: AW: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Seborga's currency
Date: Feb 06, 2005 @ 17:17
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

--- Wolfgang Schaub
<Wolfgang.Schaub@...> wrote:

> Formally, you are right in a way, Len, as always. By
> the same token, the
> "universal" currency converter should then
> distinguish between a German and
> a French Euro, because they both have a different
> physiognomy.
>
> And why don't they list then the old San Marino Lira
> like they do with the
> other "obsolete" European currencies? I have a San
> Marino Lira coin in my
> collection. And why not the Monaco Franc? I have a
> Monaco Franc coin in my
> collection.
>
> Although this is increasingly off-topic:

hahahaha
formally you are right in a way as always wolfgang
hahahahaha
but this is not really off topic at all

as you know
our topic is multipointing or anything else anyone
likes

& you are obviously liking this
& enjoying yourself too here

so
your observations may not be of much multipunctilious
interest
but i dont think you can fairly credit yourself with
being off topic to any noticeable extent
in this case

one more insert below

> There was
> no Vatican Lira in terms
> of currency. There was a Vatican Lira only in terms
> of physiognomy. Or: Does
> anybody know of a Vatican Central Bank?
>
> The story is different with the old Luxemburg and
> Belgian Francs: These were
> true currencies, just bound to each other. And
> probably this is also so with
> the Panama, Argentina and Ecuador currencies (but
> here I am not so sure).
>
> Definitely there is no Seborga currency either,
> although there are coins for
> collectors that one can buy in any Seborga shop,
> like they are in San
> Marino, Monaco and the Vatican. The catholic church
> would be the least to
> omit a chance to make money out of nothing. The fact
> that mints may be
> operating in these countries does not mean anything.
> If I want, I also can
> produce my own coins at home.
>
> And as far as the Euro goes, there is only one,
> managed by the European
> Central Bank in Frankfurt. That Euros have different
> reverse sides is only a
> political game and made for collectors. That member
> countries retain their
> respective National Banks is only for statistics and
> to manage the
> conversion of "obsolete" coins and paper bills found
> in jacket pockets when
> one pulls them out from a long-unopened wardrobe. As
> Germany is concerned
> one can swap Deutsche Marks against Euros for an
> indefinite period...
>
> Wolfgang
>

> -----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----

but they match & make perfect slugs

so they are bogus yet somehow acceptable