Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] aAnglo-Scottish Border Images
Date: Feb 03, 2005 @ 18:03
Author: Kevin Meynell (Kevin Meynell <knm@...>)

>As for Scottish independence, support is around 10-20% or something like
>that, and growing. Scotland will probably lumber into independence within
>the next 10 years.

Maybe in 25 years, but extremely unlikely in the next 10 I'd say. 10-20% of
the population is hardly overwhelming support for independence, and
furthermore the SNP (the only serious nationalist party) have traditionally
lost votes every time they've pushed full independence.

In any case, most EU countries will probably be little more than regions
within 25 years, which is not necessarily a good or bad thing, except for
members of this group who'll have less international multipoints to chase.

Regards,

Kevin Meynell