Subject: AW: [BoundaryPoint] Seborga's currency
Date: Feb 03, 2005 @ 13:19
Author: Wolfgang Schaub ("Wolfgang Schaub" <Wolfgang.Schaub@...>)

There is other nonsense in the "Universal Currency Converter": They speak of a Vatican Lira (obsolete). To my knowledge this was always the Italian Lira, as it is, by the way, in Seborga: The Luigino is fiction, as far as it claims to be a currency; it is reality, as far as it is a souvenir that you can buy in shops in Seborga at a rate dictated by Sua Altissima Serenità Prince Giorgio I. Still to-date, Prince Giorgio believes it makes sense to set the "exchange rate" at 1 : 6 to the US Dollar. Tomorrow he may choose to set a new rate "bound" to the Euro or the Swiss Franc. He will go on doing his nonsense at the pleasure of Silvio Berlusconi, and make a lot of money for Seborga, through the stupidity of (American) tourists. "Look, honey, it's so easy to change; they gonna give us 1 for 6 bucks".

Wolfgang