Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] ends of the earth update & outstanding questions
Date: Jan 31, 2005 @ 16:24
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

good thinking

& so that means
until sumatra gets her topos updated
or until we actually visit cayambe with hi tech gps
& also experimentally determine the sumatran antipodes
with the same gps
we cant nail our farthest flung points down any finer
than in integral degminsec
or hundred foot squares

& so what we already have developed is indeed all she
has wrote for now

& therefore we probably dont even need to concern
ourselves over which datum our coords are expressed in
either

which i actually forgot to notice in all my excitement
hahahaha

but will now proceed to ignore deliberately

i do imagine tho that
however great the horizontal displacement of our
sumatran target point
its vertical change should prove to have been
comparatively negligible
since it is situated in a generally flat low area

so i will still look forward to the arrival of the
existing sumatran topo for the elevation data needed
to refine the measurement of our maximum planetary
diameter
which i still think we may be able to nail now to
within 10 feet of precision

& of course the folly then becomes
whether to add the depth of the glacier
&or the height of the mountain climber
&or of the tree stump in the former jungle
etc