Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] arrowhead az Re: no mxus for xmus after all but its ajo ho
Date: Dec 26, 2004 @ 20:54
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

"Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...> wrote:

Mike D. wrote:

> but does unmonumented necessarily mean unmarked
>
> & how then do they mark or even know the county lines there anyway
> let alone the corners
>
> & please let me know if you find any better hope for any texas
> megapoint visit to be made class a
>
> that is
> one that is definitely marked

I was using "unmonumented" to mean "unmarked."  It would be difficult for any
physical mark to survive in a plowed farm field.

aha then first you precluded but now you merely doubt that such a hypothetical marker could also survive by virue of being protected say by one of those ubiquitous uscgs signposts in its vicinity which warn

do not disturb nearby boundary marker under dire penalty etc etc

&or that such a marker would not also have been designed to withstand such an otherwise obvious demise as you describe

& therefore that it couldnt exist

or do i misread you in this

& being so far unable to follow all your protocols here in surprise tho i will keep trying i cant yet see what you are talking about in regard to plats surveys notes etc

but since you can access them maybe you could describe how these 4 county boundary descriptions describe this megapoint

& maybe you could find some mention in any of the 256 of these county boundary descriptions of any boundary markers &or multipoint markers of any kind

for otherwise you appear to be predicting a complete washout of texas tertiary markers not only for the megapoints but for everything

& moreover you seem to be indicating that these boundaries were surveyed but never durably marked

yikes

but can that be what you mean

or its consequences

for perhaps i am merely racing too far ahead while actually lagging too far behind you

There might be signage on the
nearby highway.  There seems to be a change of pavement color at about the right
place to the north in the aerial photo.

The General Land Office of the State of Texas has most of its "County Boundary
Files" (usually including original plats and field notes) on-line in PDF format.
Go to http://wwwdb.glo.state.tx.us/central/arcmaps/ArcMapsLookup.cfm , select
the name of the county in the upper drop-down box, select "County Boundary" in
the lower scroll box, ignore all of the parameters in between, then click the
"Search" button.  You'll get an index to all boundary files for that county.  In
that index, you can click "More Details..." on each item for dates, surveyor's
names, etc.  The drawback is that these are huge files suitable for broadband
only.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA

Do you Yahoo!?