Subject: Re: Villalibre sin Jurisdicción
Date: Nov 30, 2004 @ 23:04
Author: marcelmiquelcat ("marcelmiquelcat" <marcelmiquel@...>)

I suppose that "free" is about the town, not about the jurisdiction.
So, the correct translation would be "free town into the
jurisdiction", and not "town free of the jurisdiction".
I don't know what jurisdiction would be: it's possible that it was a
town free, as an enclave into a land summited to a feudal
jurisdiction of a lord or a monastery.

marcel

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Wolfgang Schaub"
<Wolfgang.Schaub@c...> wrote:
> First, muchas gracias. Yes, you are right: "de la", not "sin".
Anyway, the
> meaning is the same. And still there is no explanation for the
name: ?Porque
> no tiene jurisdicción? Dear Quadernet, I would be immensely
grateful, if you
> could find out for me, before I have to display my poor Spanish to
the mayor
> of this little village.
>
> Wolfgang

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr/dyn/controller/mapPerformPa
ge?exp

ressMap=false&act=&strAddress=&strLocation=villalibre+de+la+jurisdicci
%F3n&s