Subject: Re: carson city nv
Date: Nov 24, 2004 @ 20:41
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

walked miles & luckily hitchhiked some
rather than drive the worst part again
& finally had to bushwhack & scramble straight up for it
but undoubtedly found the marker
a primitive beauty

5 foot cairn with 5 extra feet of 1x1 post sticking out the top
crowned by a songbird

no disk or writing or anything
but the location & intent are unmistakable

the post wasnt set quite vertically
so i figured i didnt have to risk climbing on the loosely stacked
rocks to touch the supposed quadripoint position centered on high

grasping the post about a foot above the place where it emerged from
the cairn looked & felt about right on center to me
& i avoided the bird droppings that way too

strictly speaking i dont really know if it was class e or class a

oh
& it turns out i had indeed spotted it in the moonlight last night
but blew it off
thinking the location wasnt close enough to the peak yet

in fact i overshot it by a mile before i turned back
so the worst of the driving was actually unnecessary
dohh

next try will be a hot springs

perhaps right at the end of hot springs road here

but hopefully sooner than later

beeps & thanx for the giving

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...>