Subject: NH quintpoint was Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: carson city nv
Date: Nov 25, 2004 @ 18:52
Author: Michael Kaufman (Michael Kaufman <mikekaufman79@...>)

Nice
And you remind me of a quest of a couple of yrs. ago
when I sought out a point which to this day I am not
sure if I made class A or E (but it was one of the
two). I will have to report...but the pics are in
no-mans-land. The NH quintpoint. When I was there in
11/2002, I sat on a rock which seemed to have some
letters chisled into it at various angles, SOME of
which where the first letters of some of the town
names. But there were only maybe 3 letters in the
rock, one of which was barely readable. 11/2002,
there was a downed tree at the spot where I was
looking for the quintpoint, so it was made all the
more difficult by that. well that and the fast
approaching darkness on an already overcast day. And
the shotgun blasts off in the distance....kinda
disconcerting, seeing as how my dad and I didn't
exactly ask for permission from any landowners or
anything. But seemed to be a mile off or more by my
ears anyway, so really wasn't too worried. Dirt
roads, some real dilapidated houses from 1800s (some
rotting, falling apart, not lived in in 60-70 years at
least), even some sort of broken down wagon from a
century ago.
I will make a retry sometime, perhaps late spring.
Also does anyone have or know where to find data on
the Conn. river. Like when they let the dam out (once
every year?). I would want to make a visit to MANHVT
then. Perhaps both in the same day (would be a full
day I admit). If any BP members are up for visiting
with me, thats cool, open invite.