Subject: Re: OH Quadricounty Point
Date: Oct 17, 2004 @ 19:37
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "nj55er" <spookymike@a...>
wrote:

> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...>
wrote:

> > hard to tell the true location of such a megapoint from the topo
> >
> > i mean even if we could trust the topo
> >
> > it could well be at the road centerline crossing
> >
> > but it could just as easily be at any of the 4 right of way
crossings

> > which are usually marked by fence corners or ditches
> >

> > also
> > it might not even be a megapoint but only 2 close tripoints
> >
> > but in any case
> > this hahepuwo probability you have visited is 1 of only 2 such
> > probable quadricounty points that i have been able to find in all
of
> > ohio
> >
> > so you appear to be already halfway to megablobbing that entire
> state
>
> (Mike S.): Here's my report from the visit to the other OH 4-county
point:

> "Ohio Four Corners, Cuyahoga/Geauga/Portage/Summit Counties 8/18/00
>
> From OH 43 opposite Sea World, turn west onto Moneta, right onto
> Pennsylvania, left onto Lake to the next three way intersection. A
> large white cross painted in the middle of the intersection may
> indicate the 4-corners." [Or it may not! No other markings, and I
got
> some very strange looks from nearby residents as I wandered the
> intersection]

i believe 20 of the 50 states have no quadricounty points at all
or rather no tertiary megapoints
as in message 547
which however is not understandable without its original tabulations
oops

but these data plus jacks even more elusive & fantastic findings of
stateline quadricounty points
which i also cant find at the moment
really should all be dusted off & assembled in one place
so we could finally see the total picture
of megapointing usa

in the meantime i can tell you your accomplishment is quite
significant
as it is the first time anyone has ever assembled an entire state

or at least the first i ever heard of

it is not however the first time anyone has ever bagged a state
since jc & i once bagged new york
by trying & possibly even visiting its 1 & only quadricounty point

in a stolen leaky punt

well we just borrowed it & returned it ok

indeed i believe ny is the only state in the northeast with any
megapoints at all

http://topozone.com/map.asp?lat=42.467&lon=-73.787

of course if you bag any state
as you & we have
albeit in different ways
you also get to count the 20 states that have no megapoints
along with whatever ones you do actually bag

so all together we already have 22 states in the can
& a blob i believe extending from maine to carolina & westward