Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] harrisonburg va still
Date: Oct 16, 2004 @ 03:33
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

Mike,

I think the biggest reason for the lack of marked tripoints up there on the
ridge is probably the prevalence of federal and state land ownership. This
means that the county boundaries typically are not property lines, and their
exact locations have no significance for the purpose of property taxes. That's
just my unproved theory. I think you're probably right that most of the these
boundaries on the ridge exist more on paper than they ever have on the
landscape.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA