Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Feet in the USA. two of them --> NIST error???
Date: Oct 07, 2004 @ 20:19
Author: Michael Kaufman (Michael Kaufman <mikekaufman79@...>)

http://ts.nist.gov/ts/htdocs/230/235/appxc/appxc.htm#1

Ok look at this:

2. TABLES OF U.S. UNITS OF MEASUREMENT
In these tables where foot or mile is underlined, it
is survey foot or U.S. statute mile rather than
international foot or mile that is meant.

3 feet (UNDERLINED) = 1 yard (yd)

Ok so here it defines a yard as 3 SURVEY feet.

But then scroll down to:

5. ...
1 yard (yd)---------------------------- 0.914 4 meter
(exactly)

Here it defines a yard as 0.9144 meters EXACTLY, which
is exactly 3 INTERNATIONAL feet.

So what's the deal here???