Subject: Re: Tex-Mex bridge error and a new tripoint photo!
Date: Sep 17, 2004 @ 15:08
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

right again
& tho i am not positive who owns & posts it private
my guess would be
the brick & tile manufactory that dots both nmtx banks for miles

i had also noticed it was open but posted on my previous visit
as reported in real time also in messages 5205 & 5200
a couple of golden oldies
which was what led me to plan to furtively try this improved
approach route across it on foot as a simplified & lower profile
backdoor maneuver

but as soon as i parked
i was immediately stalked by the border guard & so my
necessary & immediate counterpursuit of him got me blasted
across this otherwise forbiddingly risky bridge as i chased him
thru the dust & washboard toward the objective

but whoever actually owns it
clearly the border patrol use it all the time
& act as if they own it like everything else

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> What is the nature of the "private road bridge" below the rail
bridges? It must
> exist to access the industrial premises on the New Mexico
bank between the rail
> bridges and dry MXUS. What kind of industry is that? I had
assumed that it was
> a public road. Is it posted against public use?
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

messages
> > 12634 & 12635 began in a parking area on the left bank
between
> > the 2 railroad bridges & proceeded across the private road
> > bridge just below them & into the dead end parking area
> > adjacent to monument 1
> >
> > the river was much lower on that day than here in the aerial
pic