Subject: Re: Tex-Mex bridge error and a new tripoint photo!
Date: Sep 17, 2004 @ 06:46
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

good catch & correct photo analysis
so obviously this qualifies as a hottie too

the high speed chase cum chnmtx visit reported in messages
12634 & 12635 began in a parking area on the left bank between
the 2 railroad bridges & proceeded across the private road
bridge just below them & into the dead end parking area
adjacent to monument 1

the river was much lower on that day than here in the aerial pic

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
http://tinyurl.com/6bwgj on this
> Tex-Mex border bridge pics site.
>
> The two railroad bridges in this photo are not international
bridges between the
> USA and Mexico, but rather interstate bridges between Texas
and New Mexico.
> They are about a quarter-mile north of the dry boundary coming
in from the west.
> Neither are these bridges Santa Fe (properly Burlington
Northern Santa Fe).
> They are Union Pacific (formerly Southern Pacific). The two
railroad bridges in
> the site's "Santa Fe II" photo are international, and the US
portions of both
> are Burlington Northern Santa Fe.
>
> For proof of the error, please see the topographic map at
> http://tinyurl.com/5jewe .
>
> I have sent a message of correction via the site's contact form.
>
> While we are on this subject, I note that TerraServer now has
given us "Urban
> Area" aerial photos of greater El Paso since we last visited
CHNMTX
> (Chihuahua-New Mexico-Texas) in BP. These urban aerials
are much more zoomable
> than the regular aerials. If you will go to http://tinyurl.com/6rnza
, you will
> see dry MXUS coming toward the river just above the dark
grove of trees near the
> lower left. That would put the tripoint in the middle of the river
channel
> below the dam. Isn't that Boundary Monument No. 1 almost
under the northernmost
> point of the dark trees? You can click it to zoom in one more
level to see.

> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

Lowell.