Subject: Re: More Ireland pics
Date: Sep 14, 2004 @ 14:49
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> This IEUK boundary ranks right up there with ITVA for being
stealth! I think both countries are striving for political correctness
to the point of irresponsible dereliction. A stranger could easily
not know what country he's in, and that's asking for problems. A
boundary can be free and open but still be plainly marked for
everyone to see and know. Look at all those white lines on the
streets of Baarle!

> "Love your neighbour, yet pull not down your hedge."--Rev.
George Herbert (1593-1633), English clergyman.

yikes
is that chaptlain & verse yet

but this & all your following citations appear unrelated to the
preceding homily

or have i missed the drift of your rave or rant
whichever it was

i must say tho
what you do so felicitously call stealth here is sometimes
mutually enjoyable & appreciated too

i will not cite
something there is that doesnt love a wall
or
dont fence me in
etc
etc
because they are nonappreciations rather than appreciations
& would therefore be unrelated to both your homily & citations
but it could be said
something there is that does indeed love walllessness
enough to spell it with 3 els
& even loves boundlesssnessss
yikes
but most profoundly loves multidimensionality

> "Good fences make good neighbours."--English proverb.
> "There must be a fence between good neighbors."--Norwegian
proverb.
> "Between neighbors' gardens a fence is good."--German
proverb.
> "A fence between makes love more keen."--German proverb.
> "Love your neighbor, but put up a fence."--Russian proverb.
> "Build a fence even between intimate friends."--Japanese
proverb.
> "Love your neighbor, but do not throw down the dividing
wall."--Hindi proverb.
> "Bonum est erigere dumos cum vicinis."--Late medieval Latin
proverb.

> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

over a small bridge. See the small county welcome sign on the
left side of the road.

> 2) Picture 008 is looking off the bridge into the small
stream that flows under it, the middle of which is the boundary.

> 3) Picture 003 is the only sign of Ireland-Northern Ireland I
found, but notice how Northern has been painted over by
someone.