Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Ireland-NI border pics
Date: Sep 12, 2004 @ 20:08
Author: John J. Kelly ("John J. Kelly" <johnkelly@...>)

Back in the 80s the British govt. erected roadblocks on most of the
border crossings and had checkpoints on others. You could walk across
anytime but not drive. In order to drive a car across you had to take a
long diversion and use an "approved road" to cross. This was at the
height of the IRA's blitzkrieg.
Does anyone have pictures of these roadblocks??

JK