Subject: Re: enclaves on stamps
Date: Sep 12, 2004 @ 14:56
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

thanx
good idea specifically
& good for the aspiring clavoscopist to be so diligent in any case

but one cant presume the cartographers knew anything other
than what they actually drew or wrote

if something isnt shown or said
it only means it wasnt shown or said
not that it was or wasnt a fact
& not that anyone had any specific inkling about it or even any
general awareness of it

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> Mike D. asked:
>
> > if the claves were discontinued
> > their borders couldnt & wouldnt have been redrawn but only
> > eliminated or forgotten
> >
> > would the mapmakers have just scrawled a big purple cross
> > over each clave to let us know in that case
> >
> > or exactly how would they redraw something that had
completely