Subject: Re: enclaves on stamps
Date: Sep 12, 2004 @ 06:43
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman
<mikekaufman79@y...> wrote:
> The fact that they were left alone and no purple
> annotations were made to them should tell you they
> continued unchanged.

not necessarily

if the claves were discontinued
their borders couldnt & wouldnt have been redrawn but only
eliminated or forgotten

would the mapmakers have just scrawled a big purple cross
over each clave to let us know in that case

or exactly how would they redraw something that had completely
vanished
short of erasing it
which they couldnt do

they could only have overprinted it in purple somehow
yet no manner of doing so that i can think of would have correctly
represented the new reality either

yikes
peculiar but apparently true if all you have is purple

or what if they didnt know because there was no information
whether because the claves hadnt been heard from or otherwise

&or what if they didnt even think to check or notice
because they were only making a rather limited set of revisions
& it might never have occurred to them to even ask about these
particular details so far off the beaten border tracks that they
were focusing on

of what if many other what ifs we cant even imagine

Just like everything else with
> no purple annotations continued unchanged. Note that
> most of the length of all the borders on the map was
> UNchanged. If there were a change to the claves in
> 1978, it would have been noted in purple on the map.
> So the lack of any changes should tell you they have
> indeed been heard from as of 1978, and not just 1976.

for the reasons given above
i cant reasonably draw this conclusion but only the opposite

> And you have to assume the status quo unless you have
> something to counter it. Right up until today. Do
> you have any proof these claves no longer exist?

no i only have no proof later than 1976 that they do

& i certainly cant prove the negative

rather it is the job of the clavoscopist to prove the affirmative

end inserts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3495&i