Subject: Re: Grumpiness over bordermarkers (India-Pakistan)
Date: Aug 29, 2004 @ 19:02
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

no need to impute real grumpiness here tho
for it is just the accumulated burden of history
continuing to play itself out
almost mechanically as it were

after all
these are the same sports who have indeed been getting along
so nicely lately
as we know
by so fanatically competing again at cricket
after so long a hiatus that included utter brinksmanship

& by so sheepishly demilitarizing their so clownishly contested
glacier

etc

etc

etc

& overall
by actually groping
however clumsily & fitfully
toward a comprehensive settlement of their tired old dispute
from high seas to high mountains

which of course includes marker restoration

that is
they are doing all this whenever they are not holding up their
respective roles as traditional sparring partners at every level

& they have evidently agreed again to disagree again for a time
as you see here
but probably only by sheer dint of habit
while however actually becoming accustomed & adapting to the
rapidly thawing & improving conditions overall

thats all really
& probably even less than meets the eye in this case

their overall trend is more emphatically positive than ever before

& of course
just getting along
includes seeing & reporting things as at least no worse than
they really are
let alone building a file of grumpiness

but that would be in addition to conveying any cheers directly

which are indeed gratefully received & squared & cubed as ever