Subject: Re: Bhutan border
Date: Aug 29, 2004 @ 16:41
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

There are no BT-China border crossings. The border has been sealed
for over 20 years. Previously there were crossings north of Drugyel
Dzong into the Chumbi valley of Tibet. There were unmanned and
unmarked trade routes across the high himalayas between the two
countries, but it is not permitted to use them now. The photo appears
to be at Samchi, in southwest Bhutan, but from angle of the photo, I'm
not certain. My photo of that crossing is from the 1970s from the
middle of the road, when there was no little structure anywhere
around. The mountains seem to be similar.
Len Nadybal